As a premier optometrist in Raleigh, we treat a variety of eye conditions. The staff of Family Eye Care Center has several tools available to help diagnose and treat various eye conditions. An eye doctor will perform a thorough examination and screen the eyes to uncover possible problems. Once the exam is complete, they will create a treatment plan to address any issues that may have presented themselves.
Eye Conditions We Treat in Raleigh
Family Eye Care Center treats all types of eye conditions including dry eye, eye infections, macular degeneration, astigmatism, glaucoma, cataracts and diabetic retinopathy. Conditions like eye infections and dry eye are treated with medicated eye drops. Other conditions may require surgery due to their severity.
- Diabetic Retinopathy – Diabetic retinopathy is characterized by blood vessels in the retina of the eye being damaged due to diabetes. This can dramatically affect a person’s vision. Laser techniques and minor surgery are sometimes used to correct the condition. In the early stages, measures are taken to slow down the progression of the disorder.
- Macular Degeneration – There are two forms of macular degeneration, both of which are result in the deterioration of the macula in the back of the eye. Wet macular degeneration results in blood or other fluid leaking into the back of the eye. Dry macular degeneration is less severe, but in most cases, eventually evolves into the wet type.
- Glaucoma – Glaucoma is a combination of several eye disorders. As the condition progresses, damage to the optic nerve can limit a person’s eyesight. If left untreated, blindness is often the end result. An eye doctor can perform surgery to correct the vision impairment if other treatment options fail. Laser surgery works well for many glaucoma patients.
- Astigmatism – Minor curvatures in the cornea of the eye are referred to as astigmatisms. They are easily treatable and can often be corrected with special lenses. Astigmatism cause blurriness and distortion. They affect vision at all distances, both near and far.
- Cataracts – Cataracts occur when the lens of the eye becomes cloudy, obscuring a person’s vision and prohibiting them from being able to focus on objects. A cataract may take several years to actually block your vision. They progress slowly and often do not affect a person’s vision until they have been present for a lengthy period of time. Surgery is the most common form of treatment.
- Hordeolum and Chalazion – These conditions can cause discomfort, swelling, and irritation in the eyelid area. Our experienced team of eye care professionals in Raleigh is well-equipped to provide effective treatment options to alleviate your symptoms and promote healing.
Fast, Effective Treatment Protects Your Eyes from Harm
The highly trained staff at Family Eye Care Center offer several types of treatment that are fast and effective. Every patient is assessed on an individual basis and each treatment plan is created based on that person’s specific requirements. We offer the highest quality of care and do everything possible to accommodate the needs of all of our patients.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, give us a call today!